No help

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Koos

No help

Post by Koos » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:55 am

I don't expect immediate support on my problems.
But I see that serveral questions for help (not only mine) were not answered / solved after 14 days.

Maybe it was a stupid question, but even then I would like to hear.
I am a little disappointed concerning this community, since I don't know where to get the information. After all, Cyclos is not completely self-explanatory.

Quantar

Re: No help

Post by Quantar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:18 am

I agree that the response from admin is very slow to the point of simply ignoring questions.

Maybe it would help if we could communicate with other Cyclos groups, especially in our own country (I am in Australia.)

At the moment such information is withheld by Cyclos but it would be a big help for new users.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 am

Sorry to hear that. Please be aware that this is a user-to-user forum. This is stated at the registration page. We do answer forum posts but this is done by voluntaries at best effort base. Unfortunately we do not have the time and resources to provide free support. Cyclos 4 communities is free service. Hundreds of communities have signed up and are running a community currency system for little or no costs. We hoped that users would help each other at the forum. This does happen, but not as much as we hope. Be aware that you can get commercial support from one of the support companies. http://www.cyclos.org/hosting/

Koos

Post by Koos » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for your reactions. Of course I realize the voluntary-aspects of this work.
However, your suggested commercial support for The Netherlands does not seem to be willing to offer any help....

rays_choice

Post by rays_choice » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Quantar wrote:I agree that the response from admin is very slow to the point of simply ignoring questions.

Maybe it would help if we could communicate with other Cyclos groups, especially in our own country (I am in Australia.)

At the moment such information is withheld by Cyclos but it would be a big help for new users.
I think it would be great if we could be in closer contact with other users especially in our own countries. Maybe even a local support and or social group. After all we do have things in common. I am in Horsham, Victoria. I believe that there are other users in Melbourne, Lets get together and have a couple of coffees and a yarn. My Email; ray@alternativechoice.com.au .. Edit; My mistake I should have considered other parts of the world too .. Great if we get together an discuss what we are doing and what we are trying to do .. We all have goals and dreams. Let's share them.