Zero account balance selective display suppression?

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

juanaguas

Zero account balance selective display suppression?

Post by juanaguas »

In a system configured to provide a number of different accounts (not necessarily all associated with a distinctt currency type) is there any way to selectively suppress the display of accounts having a zero balance?

For example, if a system is configured such that each user has 6 accounts (A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6) some of which are unlikely to be used by most members, at least early on, and the use of some of which will be offered as an option only after each account holder has an identified need for it, is there any way to suppress the display of some unused (zero balance) accounts while ensuring that others are visible even when zero?

If this is the case (and I haven't been able to find any reference to such an option) will this selective display configuration be reflected in the account display in the smartphone app?

If such a feature is not available at present, I believe it would be very useful (and quite simple) to add.

John (:

admin
Site Admin

Re: Zero account balance selective display suppression?

Post by admin »

Hi John,

In group settings - Account settings there is an option 'Hide when no credit limit'. This might work for you.
What is does is hiding the whole if there is no negative credit limit.

From the help:

Hide when no credit limit:
For some financial products you might not want a member account showing up if there is no individual credit limit defined. For example when an additional member account is used for credit card payments. Normally such an account has a negative credit limit that the member can use for card payments. Periodically the member is charged to repay his/her debts. Not all members might have a individual negative credit limit set and you do not want the credit account to show up for this members.
Of course this can be solved by creating a separate group for "credit card members" and assign the credit account to the new group but this will result in more complexity. In order to avoid having to create different groups it possible for an account only showing up only if members have a negative credit limit set. Of course this is applies for individual credit limits. If the entire group has a lower credit limit the account will show up for everybody and set this option would not be necessary.

Note: The general rule in Cyclos that any account with transactions will show up override this option. That means in the case this option is set for an account and a member has no credit limit, but does have transactions on this account, the account will show up.

juanaguas

Re: Zero account balance selective display suppression?

Post by juanaguas »

Thanks for this. It took me a while to find this, then I thought I had better take a look at the implied options around this before replying. I am not sure what "Hide when no credit limit" is supposed to mean; it will not allow the "Lower credit limit" box to be empty (null), although it will allow me to set it at zero. I haven't yet looked to see what effect that has.

Although it might be possible to make use of this feature (assuming that a zero credit limit is taken to mean "no credit limit"), it doesn't appear to provide a way of automatically hiding an account when the balance is zero. This makes necessary manual intervention on each user's account to make it visible. I've looked through the REST interface and can't find any way to trigger the change through that.

I hope there's an easier way to do this or, if not, that the Cyclos team will consider adding this very simple feature.

Thanks

John (: