CSV importing

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Stuart

CSV importing

Post by Stuart »

Hello :

I am setting up a new deployment. We will need to import bank transactions daily into the "bookkeeping" module. I have this all working well - But I have run into a problem and I'd like to know if there is a solution.
The import works 100% as long as the Data is 100% from the bank statement but if a client/bank clerk has made a Typo on the "Username" while making a deposit the entire import fails.... Now is there a way to isolate the line in the .csv file that has the error so we can correct the entry ?

Currently we are using a small test bed of clients so no major problem but once we scale up I can see this as causing large time delays in the update process.

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: CSV importing

Post by admin »

Hi,

This is a bug indeed. We will provide a fix with the next version, 3.7.1. This version will be published within a week.
Import will always succeed, but it will be possible to list and change uncomplete records.

Stuart

Post by Stuart »

:D Perfect thank you -- It Was looking like a big headache

nana

Post by nana »

HI,
i'm trying to import members from a csv file. It shows up after import with 102 members listed but i can't see the members when i go to Manage Users. Is this a bug?

i don't have an IMPORT button. I just have a SUBMIT after choosing the .csv file from my desktop.