Privacy bug

Bug and problem reporting on Cyclos 4 version

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Abetterworld

Privacy bug

Post by Abetterworld »

Hi,

I think we found a bug:

In system -> configuration -> addresses you can change settings. You can select address fields which are turn on and which are mandatory (first two options). We made ZIP Code and City mandatory.

However, if you go to the 5th setting: address mandatory, and you check the box, new users also have to register the steetname. We don’t want to streetname to be mandatory for privacy reasons.

If we don’t check the 5th setting (address mandatory), new user registration are not mandatory to give ZIP CODE and City (is free), but we check at the 2th setting (mandatory address field) the ZIP Code and city.

What we would like to do it this:

New users are mandatory to fill in the fields: zip code, city
NOT streetname
Address box: mandatory (if this not is mandatory checked, zip code and city are not necessary during registration).

The problem is thus if you check the 5th box: address mandatory -> you have to provide all the address information (streetname, zip code, city etc.)

How could we solve this? Since privacy is an important issue to people.

Kind regard
rmvanarkel

Re: Privacy bug

Post by rmvanarkel »

Thanks for reporting, it's not really a bug, but indeed it would be nice to improve. We will put it on our wishlist. We are even thinking of making some more fine grained options for the privacy of the user. Because probably you often don't even want to show anything of the address but you might want to show a location on the google map based on postal code for example. But there are a lot of open task for our new version, so I we can't promise anything.
Abetterworld

Re: Privacy bug

Post by Abetterworld »

Thanks for the response. The best option for the privacy would be if everything is hided. However, if somebody places something in the marketplace one have to now where it is located. For example, if the distance is to fare it is useless for members to contact each other. So in my option i think to profile should be private, and for the advertisement a ZIP Code is necessary to improve trade. Hope this will be improved in the next version, i think it really would improve usability.