Google Maps Issues

Bug and problem reporting on Cyclos 4 version

Moderators: rmvanarkel, hugo, alexandre

admin_de2

Google Maps Issues

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Alexandre,

i hit some google maps issues:
  • * seemingly, google does not differ anymore between server-api-key and browser-api-key; didn't see such an option; i'm using the same key for both; would be good if you could adapt the maps-section of the cyclos-docu;
    * next, the key runs with the app
    * as well with the cyclos backend, user profiles, edit addresses, set location manual, saving it
    * there, after the profile is saved, the google api brings an error in the browser console when fetching the static map image from it:

Code: Select all

staticmap:1 GET https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?size=540x400&zoom=15&markers=icon:https%3A%2F%2Fkb1.cyclos-dev.info%2F%2F%2Fcontent%2Fthemes%2F8912653006774894780%2Fimage%3Ftype%3DMAP_MARKER%26name%3DREGULAR%7C47.869981,12.645120&key=AIzaSyCSRSNM2DQj8syd7PAAuaDkZwxm1ByIkmk 403
    * in the web, it does not work for guests (add and directory) and not work for logged in users/admins (members search) - may this depend on still not set geo locations of existing profiles, since i just entered the api-keys? I set one member profiles address manually, inspite the maps are empty.
    * the map on mobile is empty as well; the map didn't show up with the given default coordinates from the configuration
Any ideas for it?

Thank you,
Thomas
admin_de2

Re: Google Maps Issues

Post by admin_de2 »

Hi,

found a solution for:
  • * seeing map entries is related to update the address to get it geo-located;
    * for admins, it worked when i enabled searchable field option search-in-map for several fields;
    * for users, i did the same: product >> Accessibility and visibility of groups and users >> Profile fields of other users >> enabled "loginname" and "email" at map filter and map result
    * found only one more map setting for users, it's in the same section, "View user directory (map) on groups", which is enabled;
    * despite this settings, the users sees only it's own entry; no entry is visible on the public map;
Any ideas anout it?

Another thing is, if i enter the full screen mode of the map as user, theres a tiny text line "Directory" on top, but no button to switch back; using the back button of the browser leaves the search an opens really the previous page; so, there's no normal way to close the full screen mode (firefox and chrome, at least).

Thank you!
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

Make sure you have the maps api enabled for the keys.
Enabling the APIs: on the "Library" menu, search for the following APIs and enable them: "Maps JavaScript API", "Maps Static API" and "Geocoding API";

Related to the server and browser key the diference is related to the restrictions that you can apply on the Key.
If you restrict the Key by http-referer It can be used only by browser key. For server Key you can restrict by ip using the server ip address.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Alexandre,

i used a google api key without any restrictions for testing puropses. Now i've inserted two different ones.

Where is the library menue? I know the scripting section of source, but did not find any section which is just enabling sub modules / apis.
=> I think, it's not working because of this.

Thank you, Thomas
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Click on API & Services on the left menu
Then you will get a menu with panel, Library, Credentials, etc..
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Alexandre,
seemingly i'm indeed to stupid to find it;
there's no "API & Services" in the left menu of main menu "system".
I'm totally wrong? I'm in a existing network here.
???!?
Thank you for your adivce .. :oops: :idea:

Th.
Attachments
cyclos-libraray-question.jpg
cyclos-libraray-question.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 200 times
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

To enable the maps api's you must go to the google console not inside Cyclos.
Inside Cyclos you will only inform the generated API Key.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Alexandre,

that helped now (again!) very much.
Sorry for the circumstances...

Happy .. :) :D ..

Good day for you!
Thomas