Unsuccessful registration thruogh SMS should send feedback

Any communication concerning the SMS module

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

luis

Re: Unsuccessful registration thruogh SMS should send feedba

Post by luis » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 am

ken4ward wrote:Thanks. Please after doing these configurations, how do I connect it to a real time database of exchange rate website like http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/? I want to be getting the auto exchange rate online real-time without having any daily hassle of manually changing the rates myself per day. Thanks. Your expertise shared is of great worth!
We don't have any expertise in connecting to 3rd party currency converters. As I said previously, the easiest solution for me would be to create a separated application that connects to such services and directly update the Cyclos database, updating the respective transaction fee amounts.
Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez
Cyclos development team

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:10 am

I have changed the currency type to the one we want to use. It reflected automatically on the web. After that every transaction I make through the web channel it always reflect the currency change. to do the same for SMS module, in the config.xml file of the SMS module I changed the units to the one we want to use:

Code: Select all

<currency symbol="MWN" default="true">
          <alias name="MW"/>
          <alias name="MWN"/>
          <alias name="MWaNaira"/>
          <alias name="MarWaNaira"/>
</currency>
. ..when I tried it out a transaction for payment ie:

pay 1111 08022233344 10 MWN
...i got this SMS feedback on my phone

Cyclos:Invalid currency [WMN], cannot proces the payment. (code:403)
what am I doing wrong? thanks

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi,

At config.xml you set MWN and at the error message it says WMN. Please check again your config and check if this is correct.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:57 am

ken4ward wrote:
luis wrote:Cyclos doesn't support payments between different currencies - the from and to accounts types of a transfer type must have the same currency.
In theory, to support exchange between currencies, you would need to have trade accounts, which are system accounts for each currency.
So, for an user to convert internal units to dollars, there should be an specific transfer type from the member units account to the system units trade account. That transfer type would contain a transaction fee which generates a payment from the system trade dollars account to the member's dollar account (the fee needs to be configured to charge system and pay to the original from member).
The issue are the charge percentages, which would need to be adjusted periodically. You could do that externally, changing the database directly (but then you need to disable the hibernate second level cache, or the data will be cached on memory, ignoring the db changes).
So, I'd suggest to first configure the application with all those account types, transfer types and fees. Once you have it, it's a matter of adjusting the charge amounts. Then, I think the easiest way to handle that is externally, directly on the DB.
. Thanks. Please after doing these configurations, how do I connect it to a real time database of exchange rate website like http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/? I want to be getting the auto exchange rate online real-time without having any daily hassle of manually changing the rates myself per day. Thanks. Your expertise shared is of great worth!
Thanks. Your support is unquantifiable with words. I have created 2 currency (M & W) types, 2 trade (system) accounts (MSystem & WSystem), and 2 Member accounts (MMember & WMember). Each currency type is assigned to 1 member account and 1 trade (system) account, meaning that currency (M) is assigned to MSystem and MMember, while currency (W) is assigned to WSystem and WMember. I created a transaction type from MMember to MSystem, and assigned a transaction fee thus as the image shows (transaction.png image). After all is done on this. I assigned these accounts to full members, when I just wanted to try out the currencies created I log on as a user and try to pay another user, when I select currency (W) the system auto-selects currency (M), I have tried this repeatedly but it keeps selecting it,how do I correct this? thanks.
Attachments
transaction.png
transaction.png (25.41 KiB) Viewed 6188 times

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

Check if the M TT are not set to priority.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:34 am

alexandre wrote:Hi,

Check if the M TT are not set to priority.

Regards
How do I check this?

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:47 am

HI,

At tranfertype comfiguration there is a check box to set this to priority.

Regards,
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:34 pm

alexandre wrote:HI,

At tranfertype comfiguration there is a check box to set this to priority.

Regards,
No, I didn't.

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:13 pm

So You need to check if the teh destination member has both accounts.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:09 am

I have Google Adsense account, I want to embed it ads in Cyclos web portal, any idea? Thanks.

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:51 pm

HI,

You will need to customize a page to include the adsense code. You can do this on Content Management > Static files and Content Management > aplication pages.

The easiest is to go to Content Management > static files and customize the top.jsp so the ads will appear on the top of your cyclos instance. You can customize too the login.jsp.

Do this carefully as it may break the layout, or even, depending on the page, make your application stops working.

For further question please open a new topic.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.