SMS Testing

Any communication concerning the SMS module

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Fig

SMS Testing

Post by Fig » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:03 pm

What is the simplest way to test the SMS module?

I don't have a modem or access to an SMS Gateway. It would be nice to use my own mobile...

Thanks in advance.

Fig

simonjwoolf

Re: SMS Testing

Post by simonjwoolf » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Hi Fig,

Have a look at this section in the Cyclos wiki:
http://project.cyclos.org/wiki/index.ph ... bile_phone

It describes how you can indeed use your mobile phone as an SMS gateway.
You should also make sure you install the SMS simulator in Cyclos (see http://project.cyclos.org/wiki/index.ph ... _Simulator) - then you can test the sms driver and controller without setting up a gateway at all.

Regards,

Simon
---
Simon Woolf
Cyclos Consultant

barry

Post by barry » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:11 am

My sms simulation is not working.

I have gone over the configuration steps over and over again but nothing seems to be happening. The simulation page loads alright but when I enter the mobile
number and click the submit button nothing happens.

Can anybody assist!!!!

Barry

abarham27

Post by abarham27 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi barry:
Im facing the same problem . Can you please contact me if you found a solution

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 am

Have yo gotten the solution. i think i may help. I only want to confirm if you have, if not I wil post on this to you.

abarham27

Post by abarham27 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 am

ken4ward wrote:Have yo gotten the solution. i think i may help. I only want to confirm if you have, if not I wil post on this to you.
thank you ken4ward finally a generous person apears: im still having the problem , if you can help i will be grateful i have posted a thread for all my server info if you want to check be your self
http://www.cyclos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1631
thanks in advance

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:46 am

the simulator page appears? Right? but you are unable to login? check the webservice url
Login ad Admin->Settings->Web Services Clients
click the edit button, if you are working within a network put in the IP address of where you hosted your cyclos.
another possibility may be that you did not set to true "cyclos.embedded.sms.enable = true" when setting up your Cyclos for the very first time. This is in your cyclos.properties file. Check this, if it is true that you have not set it as "true" before running Cyclos for the very first time, I'll advice you start from the begining by re-installing Cyclos itself. because if you do this , it will save you a lot of stress doing the configuration manually. let's know what the outcome is.

abarham27

Post by abarham27 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am

ken4ward wrote:the simulator page appears? Right? but you are unable to login? check the webservice url
Login ad Admin->Settings->Web Services Clients
click the edit button, if you are working within a network put in the IP address of where you hosted your cyclos.
another possibility may be that you did not set to true "cyclos.embedded.sms.enable = true" when setting up your Cyclos for the very first time. This is in your cyclos.properties file. Check this, if it is true that you have not set it as "true" before running Cyclos for the very first time, I'll advice you start from the begining by re-installing Cyclos itself. because if you do this , it will save you a lot of stress doing the configuration manually. let's know what the outcome is.
im an old cyclos user so every time it was an update i dont remmber I KNOW ANY THING ABOUT cyclos.embedded.sms.enable = true SO what about that . i need my database and other info how i fix that?

ken4ward

Post by ken4ward » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 am

That means you need to follow the wiki step-by-step on how to manually setup Cyclos for Cyclos SMS. Though it is a bit tedious. Maybe this could help:
---- Run a new version of Cyclos locally. When setting it up for the very first time make sure you enable this "parameter cyclos.embedded.sms.enable = true" in your cyclos.properties file. Follow the tutorial again. If it is successful you can import this (newly created local Cyclos into your existing database)into your present database. Though to the best of my knowledge, you have to make sure you the local version you are running is the same as the one you are running at the present.