registration new user web access and credentials

Any communication concerning the SMS module

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

cycloshost

registration new user web access and credentials

Post by cycloshost » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:37 am

Hi,

we were registering successfully a new user via the SMS module. Somehow, we find a couple of problems:

1.In the registration SMS we include the PIN (e.g. reg+dcorman+1234+Daniel+Corman). How can the user log in via the web access later? Because the access password was not defined. Is it a way to define the access password instead of the PIN?

2. The email for the default group is mandatory. We could register by SMS only by disabling "Web Services" option in Group settings -> Registration settings -> Email confirmation. But when we try to log in with the SMS created user in the website we receive a message that the user is still not active and contact the administration. But the user is not appearing in the admin under "Pending members", but under members.

How can someone register by SMS and then log in the website?
cycloshost.com
Cyclos administration and hosting

admin
Site Admin

Re: registration new user web access and credentials

Post by admin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 am

Both options are possible. It is exactly how the demo site works

Code: Select all

1.In the registration SMS we include the PIN (e.g. reg+dcorman+1234+Daniel+Corman). How can the user log in via the web access later? Because the access password was not defined. Is it a way to define the access password instead of the PIN?
Yes, you can do this in the SMS channel (in admin - settings - channels). You can set the param Credentials to login password.

Code: Select all

2. The email for the default group is mandatory. We could register by SMS only by disabling "Web Services" option in Group settings -> Registration settings -> Email confirmation. But when we try to log in with the SMS created user in the website we receive a message that the user is still not active and contact the administration. But the user is not appearing in the admin under "Pending members", but under members.
You can use the option in webservice client for the SMS controller 'Ignore e-mail and custom field validations'

cycloshost

Post by cycloshost » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Yes, you can do this in the SMS channel (in admin - settings - channels). You can set the param Credentials to login password.
But if we change the credentials it will apply to all members, not only the new ones. We need to keep the PIN as credential for SMS operations. Now we are solving it by manually resetting the login password.
cycloshost.com
Cyclos administration and hosting

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 am

Ok, I understand.
I neither see another way than resetting the password manually.

barry

Post by barry » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Admin,

I have a suggestion and I think that if it incorporated into the Cyclos4, it will do a lot of good to users from areas where people rely mostly on sms than the internet because it is not available.

I am suggesting that users should be able to register via sms and be automatically active without any activation from administrators. This is ideal for the provision of cheap payment services for the rural folks in Africa.

Example, reg_dcorman_031975

After this process, dcorman should be activated automatically and ready to do business.

I believe this can be done.

Regards,
Barry