2 Lenguajes 1 database?? english-spanish on one database

Any communication concerning the translations of the Cyclos3 version

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

boapartners

2 Lenguajes 1 database?? english-spanish on one database

Post by boapartners » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:18 am

is it possible to have 2 Lenguajes using 1 database?? IN this case we need english-spanish on one database...

hugo

Post by hugo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:34 am

Cyclos supports only one language.

boapartners

Cyclos 3 and translations

Post by boapartners » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:15 pm

Hugo, thank you for your reply. I've noticed faqs and other threads mentioning cyclos 3 and internationalizaton for languages. I presume that this will allow for multiple languages on one site, which is usually called internationalization. I may have misunderstood, so I am hoping you can explain this to me. Thanks.

hugo

Post by hugo » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Cyclos supports many languages. But just one at a time. It is a system configuration setting, and not a user preference.

boapartners

Post by boapartners » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 am

Hugo, Thank you for your reply. It is very nice that you are including Spanish on your site. I hope to see 1i8n also known as internationalization on your site, soon. http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset-lang.html and the up to date page http://www.w3.org/International/

jaime

i didnt get it?

Post by jaime » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 am

what do you mean?
cyclos allready support locale.
its based on pair keys.
and it do it very well, much better than the well know .pot files,imho.

you can do your own translation, for "klingon" if you want to.

it doesnt allow mutiple language at once, but it can be workaround, just give some time on the pair key system (database made) and replicate as much as you want over the databse. change the code to call the messages accordling (that could be made replicating the database, but if you want you can also extend the language itself, instead of klingon, an ALL language with as much keys as all_keys * number of supported languages), and voila!

make the message call based on some variable pattern, and do the keys following that rule.

best regards,

ps: i would love if all the apps had a translation system like this.