Cyclos using wrong email address

Bug and problem reporting

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

letseindhoven

Cyclos using wrong email address

Post by letseindhoven » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:54 am

One of our users is experiencing a strange problem. Whenever she sends an email, Cyclos uses her old email as a return address, even though she changed her profile. A closer look revealed that the previous system manager created two profiles and moved one into the inactive members group. From there, it apparently still influenced mails sent from the other profile. The solution, as it would appear, was to change her email address in the inactive profile, so that it wouldn't matter where Cyclos took the return address from. Strangely, that didn't work. Cyclos keeps using the wrong address, even though it isn't listed anywhere in the system anymore.

Obviously, the old address is still in there, but where? Deleting inactive profiles doesn't seem to be possible, and that might not even solve the problem. Any ideas and help would be much appreciated.

We're using Cyclos 3

Best regards,
Theo van der Ster
The Netherlands

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cyclos using wrong email address

Post by admin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi,

Cyclos does not use internal e-mail, just messages. I am not sure what is is going wrong. Can you put screenshots in this post?

letseindhoven

Re: Cyclos using wrong email address

Post by letseindhoven » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 pm

Thank you for your reply. I just assumed our user was right and tried to solve it by modifying her profile.

You are absolutely right, of course. There is a link you can click to send an email, but that's just a hyperlink that opens your email client.

So, sorry to have bothered you with this. And thanks again for taking the time to reply, anyway.

Best regards,
Theo van der Ster

brozkeff

Cyclos using wrong email address in Reply-To

Post by brozkeff » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:51 am

I confirm a similar weird behaviour:
Using Cyclos 3.7.3 on Ubuntu 12.04 server with Tomcat 6, reverse proxy of Apache2 (so users can connect on Apache virtualhost on standard ports 80 or 443), CYclos emails sent via SMTP on a different server, server uptime is already around 100 days.

I am in the "brokers" group.
I send a personal message to another member.
He receives a Cyclos message + an email is sent from the email address that Cyclos uses for sending emails. This is correct-
BUT, the Reply-to address contains an email of the member I recently registered as a broker that has nothing to do with my message to a completely different member.

See the screenshot that I received, the cyclos@... email adress is the one entered in cyclos to send all the notification emails from, the ...@gmail.com is the address of the recipient, but the reply-to ...@seznam.cz is a completely unrelated address that has nothing in common with the interaction between me and the recipient. The only relation here is that I am the brokeer of this person and it I registered that person just before I sent the the particular message.
cyclos-incorrect-replyto.jpg
cyclos-incorrect-replyto.jpg (91.9 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Now I tried as admin to rebuild all the indices. DId not try to replicate all the situation, yet. I even don't remember exactly what was the sequence of steps at that time.