[cyclos 3.6] View ads for different groups

Bug and problem reporting

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

norbert.kapp

[cyclos 3.6] View ads for different groups

Post by norbert.kapp »

Hi,

I have configured 2 permission groups, group1 and group2.
The members of group1 should view the ads from group1 and group2 and
the members of group2 should view the ads from group2 and group1.
In the permission view memberprofile I have configured only the own group.
Now the members of group1 can see the ads from group1 and group2 but they can open
the ad from a group2-member.
By group2 the situation is reversed.
If the membes click 3 times of a ad from the other group, the member is temporarly blocked.
My opinion is, the members should can open the ad from the other group and can see username, name and email.

Norbert

admin
Site Admin

Re: [cyclos 3.6] View ads for different groups

Post by admin »

Hi Norbert,

This is a conflicting configuration. If you give a group permissions to view ads of a specific group, but do not give permissions to view the member profile it will result in an error you describe.
We did not see the logic of giving permissions to view ads without the possibility to view the owner of the ad.

norbert.kapp

Post by norbert.kapp »

Hi,
if members other groups are enabled to view, they are also enabled for the payments, although there are no transfertypes,
that's a problem.
The members should only view the members from other groups for contact, not for payments!

regards, Norbert

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Norbert,

What do you mean by "they are also enabled for the payments"?

norbert.kapp

Post by norbert.kapp »

Hi,
we want that members from different groups can see the ads from all other groups and see the contact-data to contact the ads-owner,
but the members should perform only payments (member to member) to members in it own group.
Now, if we must enable in the group-permission "view memberprofile" so we can see the member from other groups and have contact with it,
if we make a payment (member to member) in the own group, all members from the other groups can select for payments.
This is very confusing for the members. Many systems want to do this (only see ads and contactdata from other but without payments)

Norbert

sedat.de

Post by sedat.de »

Norbert and I have this problem together, so please let me try to give an example.

In this distinct installation, members of different groups should see mutualy their ads and their account details, but they should not be enabled for direct payments. We only have implemented payments within the groups, but no payments between the groups.

Now, if a member wants to do a payment and starts entering the recipient, Cyclos offers usernames from all groups, also those users of other groups, where there is no transaction type configured at all. We would expect, that only those recipients where offered, which are supported by any transaction types.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Norbert,

There is not much what we can do about this. At the user ajax search in payment we cannot check if there are available transaction types.
When a user does a payment to a user of another group a message should appear that there is no available transaction type.