[ Cyclos 3.6 ] Last login bug when session expired?

Bug and problem reporting

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

cycloshost

[ Cyclos 3.6 ] Last login bug when session expired?

Post by cycloshost »

Hi,

we have observed that when the session is logged out by the user the last login time works correctly but when the sessions are expired then the last time login is older than the last login (maybe the last login that was not after an expiration?).

Example:
1st login 15:00. Then i become inactive. When i try to navigate more, i get the login page. 2nd login at 16:00. Here the last login still works and is 15:00. When i become inactive again, supposing the 3rd login at 17:00 then the last login info is not 16:00 but 15:00. Furthermore, the last login time stays in 15:00 if i keep on being disconnected by inactivity disregard on how many times i have been disconnected by inactivity and log in. Finally, when i log out properly, then the last login info is again accurate.

Another issue: when the session is expired and you log in, you do not go to the start page but to the page that you were administering. Is this a correct behaviour?

Best! Diego

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Diego,

We have a hart time to understand what you are doing. Can you explain it a bit more in detail. Are you login in with the same user, the same browser? What are you doing exactly at what minute.

Can you provide more information?

sedat.de

Post by sedat.de »

I understand Diego this way, that the information about the last login of a user only gets updated, when the user does a regular logout.

The situation he describes is two sessions where he gets disconnected by inactivity timeout.

He would await, that after getting disconnected by session timeout, the information on his last session gets updated the same as it would be with a regular logout. To me it looks like the system does not take the login after the inactivity as a new session, but as continuation of the old session.

Is this right?
This would also explain, why the user after comming back after an inactivity logout does not get the login page, but continues on the last page viewed, as Diego decsribes on the last paragraph.

Best regards
Oliver

cycloshost

Post by cycloshost »

Hi,

i have reproduced the bug with more simple conditions. Everything in the same browser.

1. I open a browser and access with the admin account to Cyclos. Here the last connection time is right (My last connection was two days ago and is shown correctly)
2. I wait until the inactivity time (i think 15 min. is default for admins) without closing the browser.
3. After the expiration time, I click on any item of the admin menu. I am logged out and i receive a message of session expired.
4. I log in and then is the bug, the last connection time is not the last session that was disconnected but the previous one (in my case two days ago).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

It is a bug indeed. Thanks for the report. It will be fixed in the next version.