Filter on member custom fields

Bug and problem reporting

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

rolandd

Filter on member custom fields

Post by rolandd » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:10 am

Hello all,

We are running Cyclos 3.7.3 and talking to Cyclos using the REST API. Actually all is working fine except that I cannot figure out how to filter on member custom fields.

The documentation (https://wiki3.cyclos.org/index.php/REST ... es#Members) gives me this info
Query parameters:

currentPage: Number indicating the current result page, starting with 0 (the default)
pageSize: Amount of results returned. 10 by default, 100 max.
keywords: String used to match name, username, e-mail and custom fields in a full-text search.
withImagesOnly: If set to true, returns only members which have at least one image. Accepts true / false. False by default.
showCustomFields: Indicates whether the results should include custom field values. Accepts true / false. False by default.
showImages: Indicates whether the results should include images. Accepts true / false. False by default.
excludeLoggedIn: Indicates whether to exclude the logged user from results. Accepts true / false. False by default.
customValue.<fieldInternalName>: Value for a custom field filter for a given field by internal name. Only works for custom fields marked for search. In case the custom field has an enumerated type, the id of a possible value should be entered here.
All fields I have managed to get to work except the customValue.<fieldInternalName>. I have used the internal name, the regular name, the field id but no filtering seems to happen.

So I have the following questions:
  1. Can you filter on custom field values?
  2. If you can filter, in what format should it be send to the Cyclos server?
  3. Does this require any specific setting in Cyclos itself?
I am aware we are running an older version of Cyclos but any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roland Dalmulder