Advertisement details option

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: rmvanarkel, hugo, alexandre

amatw

Advertisement details option

Post by amatw »

Hello,

If one is searching through the advertisements they will see a bunch of them together. If you click on one it will take you to "Advertisement details".

Is there a way to have a hot button at the bottom of that screen that will take you to the payment screen with the amount and seller info already filled in? Right now you have to click on the sellers name, which takes you to their profile. Then you have to find the button that will take you to the payment screen. It's just more steps than one wants to go through to pay for something they see right in front of them.

Thanks,

Aaron

*Edit* It would also be helpful to have a button to click on that will take you to a message screen that references the advertisement. That way if you want to ask the seller a question or work out the details they automatically see what it's in reference to with out you having to write it all out.
Last edited by amatw on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rinke

hot button.

Post by rinke »

Seems to me like a good suggestion.
amatw

Re: hot button.

Post by amatw »

rinke wrote:Seems to me like a good suggestion.
Is there no way to tweak the current version to do something like this?
rinke

Re: hot button.

Post by rinke »

amatw wrote:
rinke wrote:Seems to me like a good suggestion.
Is there no way to tweak the current version to do something like this?
I'm afraid not, unless you have good programming skills and are willing to change the code.

We often would wish it was possible to find simple tweaks for complicated requests :)
jaime

hi

Post by jaime »

The first one i didnt looked yet, but it seems to be e-commerce style.
(im not sure how we will handle e-commerce yet, but paypal api seems to be very flexible, for example. one workaround you could do is set an e-commerce enviroment and bridge the cyclos ad to the e-commerce ad.
in the same topic, someone asked about stock control, imho it is not cyclos task, it should be retrieved from another source, and cyclos just show the status or hide the ad, if that is the desired behaviour)

It would also be helpful to have a button to click on that will take you to a message screen that references the advertisement. That way if you want to ask the seller a question or work out the details they automatically see what it's in reference to with out you having to write it all out.
This second one, im using a 3rd party software (a la twitter) and is very feasiable, but atm there is 2 issues:
1- the 3rd party software have updated his oauth, so i (or anyone who feels to) need to update the oauth code to make the bridge.
2- cyclos lacks a shared code dev env. (im not sure how i would upgrade it)

the first step would be have a running svn, and second, someway of talk with others dev (mailing list), so, one dont hit others work.

i have some drafts, some feasible, other dont know yet, in some cyclos fields, mostly im hacking, but could adapt the hacks to properly add the behaviour to cyclos. (mostly add ifdefs in the admin section, i think)

best regards,
ps: you may also give a try with disqus, not as powerfull as statusnet (the 3rd party software i mentioned above), but should do the job! :)
jaime

more or less related

Post by jaime »

the ONLY thing that i miss on cyclos atm is the qualification web-services.
its really a nice way of get qualified reputation/reference.
(we choose to use disqus/statusnet instead of the bultin refereces system, at least it seems to be the way we will go)

Regards,
ps: in a less priority, we do missed some way of use member field "hidden" option with web-services, but was easilly workarounded.

ps2: it seems i overlooked it. registrationmemeberfield seems to have the hidden status! :)