Blank Debit Cards, Card Writers and POS Devices

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

lfoster

Blank Debit Cards, Card Writers and POS Devices

Post by lfoster »

Now that Cyclos has the ability to use Debit Cards, I think it would be a good idea to post on your website what make and model of equipment to use. I would also like to know of a supplier of blank cards that would print what we need on the front so it looks like a Membership Card also.

I'm sure that blank cards don't come with the raised lettering so knowing of a device that can do this would be of great help. I am in the United States.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Cyclos just uses the id stored on the card. Which can be bar code or swipe card. This is quite straightforward and transparent. There are not special requirements what means any card manufacturer would be able to provide cards. It depends on your chose of cards.
akadoy

Re: Blank Debit Cards, Card Writers and POS Devices

Post by akadoy »

lfoster wrote:Now that Cyclos has the ability to use Debit Cards...
Where?
What version do you use?
I see no such feature in my 3.5.6.
rmvanarkel

Post by rmvanarkel »

Hi akadoy,

In the last version of cyclos it is possible to use the webpos in combination with a cardreader or barcode reader. You can configure the webpos (go to settings > channels) to use a card number or a user name to identify the user. The only thing the barcode reader or the cardreader does is pass the cardnumber as keyboard input to the webpos field. This approachis used by serveral projects using cyclos.

Good luck with this again!

Roder van Arkel

P.s.: In future releases of cyclos the POS functionality will grow.
lfoster

Post by lfoster »

When I go to Settings > Channels, it just shows that Posweb is there. I don't see how to connect this to a card reader. Am I missing something?
rmvanarkel

Post by rmvanarkel »

Hi Ifoster,

Please make sure you have the "System administration permissions of System administrators > channels" also the manage permission. Then just click on the edit icon of the posweb and that should be it. Good luck.

Best regards,

Roder
MartinO

Beautiful

Post by MartinO »

Hello,

All I can say is Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful Cyclos software.

:)
Alex Kotov

Card's import.

Post by Alex Kotov »

if cards are used only for identification it is possible to use card emitted by other banks or services. May be somehow through the import or editing cards already emitted by Cyclos?

best wishes in soon completion of 3.6

Alex
mgonzalez

Post by mgonzalez »

Be careful, in many countries it is not allowed to use for example bank cards for other purposes. if you can come to an agreement with the bank you have to change the card numbers directly in the database, there is no Cyclos solution for this, Cyclos auto-generates these numbers.
Alex Kotov

Post by Alex Kotov »

Ok, thank you, mgonzalez.
In Ukrane even to use electronic currency is not allowed. ;)
lfoster

Post by lfoster »

rmvanarkel wrote:In the last version of cyclos it is possible to use the webpos in combination with a cardreader or barcode reader. You can configure the webpos (go to settings > channels) to use a card number or a user name to identify the user. The only thing the barcode reader or the cardreader does is pass the cardnumber as keyboard input to the webpos field. This approachis used by several projects using cyclos.
When I go to Settings > Channels and click to modify Posweb Channel, all I see is:

Display Name: posweb payments
Internal name: posweb

There is nothing else to configure. I do have version 3.5.6 so I should be able to use a "Membership Card" with the Member Number coded.

What am I missing???