E-mail notification on transactions

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

mohsin

E-mail notification on transactions

Post by mohsin »

Just an idea (not critical but nice to have feature) : A bit like "Notify me when a reply is posted" (when I am posting a new topic)

Options for a member to select to receive e-mail notifications for various transactions.

a. Payments received

b. Invoices received

c. Invoice (payments) accepted

d. Payments made

And include a field for e-mail address so that notifications can be sent to that particular e-mail.
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia

rinke

email notification

Post by rinke »

good suggestion. I think we should do more with email notification anyway. But I cannot say anything about if it will be scheduled as a new functionality; that's Hugo's task.

seanrphl

Post by seanrphl »

we created a function just for that but it is outside of cyclos as it is connected to our shopping system that was built around cyclos when a member buys.

The email feature sends a copy of the transaction to the buyer and seller. We're also setting up an SMS feature next month for inquiries and payment alerts.

It would be nice also if this is integrated in cyclos. User should be able to activate and de-activate this feature.

hugovanderzee

Post by hugovanderzee »

We had various suggestions about e-mail functionalities.
- Alert e-mails on payments, invoices actions (cancel, accept, deny)
- News (mailing) e-mails
- Internal mailing system[/list]
The first two are on the wish/todo list for 2006. About the internal mailing system we are still not sure. An internal mailing system demands quite a large functionality structure and most cyclos users will have an e-mail (and if not it is realy easy to get one)
Any remarks on this are welcome
Hugo van der Zee
Cyclos development team

mohsin

Post by mohsin »

imho

A>Alerts - I think are directy related to the application so I feel they can be justified to be seen as future value added functionality - if open source alert software was available then it would be bolted on unfortunately the one I was aware of is available commercially at a high price (though it's a simple application) http://www.categoric.com/ is a company which I used to know the owner and the developers and was used in shipping companies for time critical DB changes to be reported with escalation levels built in, now company is sold off and costs are high too :( .

B> Internal e-mail - again imho this will add a lot to workload and also could potentially divert focus on main objectives of Cyclos as it could potentially end up incorporating functionality like "Buy Now" for offers or "Offer Now" for needs and other simple functionality to give real time status of offers/needs. I found e-mail access via Cyclos is accessible effortlessly by clicking the e-mail and the program pops up ready to send. I use separate folders for important comms so I can keep track or an audit trail of sending/receiving with specific members or related to specifi issues. Hope this helps.
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia

seanrphl

Post by seanrphl »

Transaction alerts are needed by the use of email as mentioned by the rest. We are also keen on using SMS alerts in combination with email alerts/notifications. This keeps trading more timely by allowing users to respond faster.