Application error message

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Pierre Lazure

Application error message

Post by Pierre Lazure »

We get this message on a couple of specific instances only. One member cannot access his adds or insert a new one, and I cannot view the demands list from a specific admin login. How can we address this problem??

Pierre Lazure

Post by Pierre Lazure »

I solved my problem by removing the member profile that had a problem accessing his adds. I redid his registration and the problem disappeared. It also solved the problem I had viewing the demands list from the admin log in. :lol:

hugovanderzee

Post by hugovanderzee »

In almost all the cases where an application error was reported it was caused by members that had been placed in the removed group. When a member is placed in the removed group its ads are deleted. It is really a backup function. It is saver to disable members.
An application error should never happen though. It is hard to solve this. It might be a bug and we are looking at it.
A good way to avoid application errors is is to configure the system properly before creating any member. This means first creating the necesairy areas and categories and headings.
Hugo van der Zee
Cyclos development team