Member Downloading Transaction and Member List Data

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

mohsin

Member Downloading Transaction and Member List Data

Post by mohsin »

Hello,

Just an idea, would it not be possible to download data by a member to backup own record of transactions and contact/members list related to contact list and or members as per transactions ? I am saying this in case the hpsted system goes down for any reason, a person could have something to refer to in regards to critical data in an excel spreadsheet (like admin can download the members list in excel).

Kind regards
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia

rinke

Re: Member Downloading Transaction and Member List Data

Post by rinke »

mohsin wrote:would it not be possible to download data by a member to backup own record of transactions and contact/members list ... in case the system goes down, a person could have something to refer to.
I personally don't see the value of it. Every browser has a possibility to save any page (usually in the browser menu: File > save as ). So if a member really wanted to, he could just as well save the important data via the possibilities the browser offers.

For backup purposes this wouldn't serve. It is of course the responsibility of the organisation to take care that proper backing up is taken care of.

mohsin

Post by mohsin »

Hi Rinke,

Oh I forgot, the browser save option - thanks for the suggestion, I will also try it out. Maybe I am also thinking too far ahead - in terms of data download and perhaps being able to be posted to an accounting package or any personal finance package - as banks provide this to use for Quicken etd which would include financial information as well as cc information - but that is at present not our urgent requirement - so the brower option would be suffient.

Thanks and have a good weekend
Mohsin
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia