Adding and Removing value from the system

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

taher

Adding and Removing value from the system

Post by taher »

Hi

I have been investigating Adding and Removing value from the system and have come up with the following:

Adding Value - Buying electronic value
First way : Go to Accounts --> Member payment and then select Debit to Member. The debit account and the member account is adjusted.
Second Way : Go to Accounts --> System payment and then select Voucher Creation. The debit account and the voucher account is adjusted. You then need to go to Accounts --> Member payment and then select Voucher Cashing. The member account and voucher account is adjusted.

Removing Value - Selling electronic value for cash
First Way : The system administrator issues an invoice to a member. Go to Accounts --> Member Invoice and then select Voucher Buying. The member then accepts the invoice. The members account and the voucher account is adjusted. The administrator then then does a voucher destruction. The Voucher account and the debit account is adjusted.
Second Way: The member makes a system payment selecting Voucher buying. The member account and the Voucher account is adjusted. The administrator then then does a voucher destruction. The Voucher account and the debit account is adjusted.

Questions

Is my understanding firstly correct?

Adding value
Why the 2 different mechanisms?
How should each be used?

Removing Value
The first way can work nicely if the member and administrator is handles this process together as a transaction. In the second way, there is no way to tie up if a voucher has been cashed out or not. Consider many users requesting cash outs. A dishonest user can request to be paid a second time for a voucher. I can try to elaborate if you require further explanation to this use case.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.