Using commas and decimals

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

seanrphl

Using commas and decimals

Post by seanrphl »

Nice piece of work.

I've been trying to work on changing the settings from 1.234,56 to 1,234.56 for Settings ---> Local Settings. I may have changed it from there, but I'm having hard time changing amount using the 1,234.56 setting with Cyclos.

An example is changing transaction tax. I placed 0.35 (it actually shows comma rather than dot/period while inputting number, which is also annoying for users with a 1,234.56 setting), then clicked "Submit". It shows 35.00 rather than 0.35.

It is much easier to input amount using 1.234,56. But our target users are so used to 1,234.56 that this may confuse them. And inputting the number with the comma being shown rather than the dot/period also will make things worse.

I hope this will be made easier for users who are not used to 1.234,56 way, which is basically a european thing.

Is this a bug?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I did the following:

- changed the number format settings to 1,234.56
- went to tax settings and put the "Percentage per transaction payer" at 0.35 (this shows the dot because that is the format I chose above)
- submitted the settings and it was saved correctly.

I have tested by doing a transaction and the transaction tax was charged correctly. Can explain more in detail what happens?. Maybe the confusion is that the transaction tax is a percentage of the transaction.

Regards

seanrphl

Thanks

Post by seanrphl »

I just found out that it works properly after restarting all the services. Thanks.