'Extension Points' web.xml configuration?

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

ted.h

'Extension Points' web.xml configuration?

Post by ted.h »

Hi all. I recently started using Cyclos and am integrating it with our auditing system both with the REST api and also the 'Extension Points' Java API/interface as described on the Wiki. The Extension Points page provides three code samples illustrating how to extend the TransferListenerAdapter class. I have written such a class, compiled it and added it to /WEB-INF/classes but the methods of my class are not being called when a payment is submitted and performed in Cyclos. My guess is that I am missing properly-formatted entries in web.xml (and possibly other xml files). The wiki page briefly mentions:

"Any listener will be instantiated only once, and reused for all notifications. Listeners are autowired by Spring, and have access to the full range of services in Cyclos. To use a service, use the local interfaces and create a setter with the correct bean name. It is very important that for services, the setter name ends with "Local", or the security layer will be user, and the security has already been validated. The corresponding services will be injected by Spring. Some samples will be shown ahead. "

But the samples only show the Java code, and no web.xml or any .xml examples. Could someone kindly point me to an example of these files that demonstrates how to correctly configure a class that extends TransferListenerAdapter and performs the 'autowiring' or guide me to additional documentation that might help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,
Ted

ted.h

Re: 'Extension Points' web.xml configuration?

Post by ted.h »

Ok, I think I found my own answer in this fragment near the top of the same wiki page:

"In the payment type details page it is possible to specify the Java class name that will run when a payment of that specific type is run. It is also possible to set the class name on the local settings so that it will run on all payments of any type."

Apparently I skipped right past this on my initial reading. The problem is solved logging into Cyclos as Admin and making changes under Settings -> Local Settings -> Extra -> Java class for processed payments (the latter two are at the very bottom of the Local Settings, easy to miss).

admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Extension Points' web.xml configuration?

Post by admin »