Pointing URL for new registered users

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

ken4ward

Pointing URL for new registered users

Post by ken4ward »

Thanks all! I have only been running Cyclos locally, but lately we got it hosted online. So I decided to register, and I received a confirmation link in my email, on clicking this, I noted that there's a file i still need to modify so as to point me to the server URL but it's pointing to the localhost.
It is this way:
1. I registered on tomcat-wealth.rhcloud.com
2. received a confirmation link in my email
3. Clicked on the confirmation link
4. instead of it taking me to tomcat-wealth.rhcloud.com confirmation page, it went to http://localhost:8080/cyclos/do/validat ... ation?key=....
I know definitely that I still need to edit a file to point to the server and not localhost, which file, please? Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Pointing URL for new registered users

Post by admin »

Make sure to set the Application root URL in local settings
Application root URL This URL is used by Cyclos when e-mails (e.g notifications) are sent to users that contain a link to Cyclos. For example in the case of a registration confirmation. The URL would be normally something like www.yourdomain.com/cyclos, or just www.yourdomain.com. Be aware that this URL can be overwritten on lower level (group filters and groups). This would be necessary in the case you have configured various independent communities/instances within a single Cyclos installation. In that case each community/instance can have it's own access URL.

ken4ward

Re: Pointing URL for new registered users

Post by ken4ward »

Thanks for the leading. It saved a lot of stress.