LOAN TOTALS & LOAN TYPES

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

nana

LOAN TOTALS & LOAN TYPES

Post by nana »

Hello,

is there a way to configure Cyclos so i can get the TOTAL AMOUNT for all loans repaid, loans outstanding,etc?

i see that the Debit Account gives you a total amount for what is owed the company but can we have other system accounts or custom accounts that can generate other totals from the Loans?

Also for the LOANS WINDOW, is it possible to have a field where, a broker or account administrator can choose either SIMPLE INTEREST or COMPOUNDING INTEREST, ETC for the loan to be given? the current loans formula seems to be fixed and very confusing.

Thanks,

Nana

alexandre

Re: LOAN TOTALS & LOAN TYPES

Post by alexandre »

HI,

Maybe you can use the reports function to get the totals that you want.

For simple or compounding interest you will need to configure two distinct transfers types, so you can do permissions for an account admin to grant this two types of loans, and he will be able to choose the type on the grant loan action.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

nana

Post by nana »

Hello,

thanks for the reply. Could you show me how to use Reports to get the totals i want?
I just upgraded my trial period so you should be able to log in with the same info in about 4 hrs.

thanks,

nana

alexandre

Post by alexandre »

HI,

You need to create a payment filters for the transfer type used to grant the loan and another for the transfers type used to repay. In this filters you define that will be visible on the reports.

Then go to reports - member reports and generate the report based on this filters.

Another is to use the reports - current state report - that will inform all open loans and the amount that remains to pay

Regards.
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

alexandre

Post by alexandre »

HI.

If you need to filter the results for different status (open, closed, expired,...) you can use the manage loans function and to get the totals that you want you can simple click on the print icon (top right of the result window) that in the print you will get the sums in the top of the page.

Regards.
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

nana

Post by nana »

thank you for that info. I have the total values now. :D :D :D :D :D

CameronWeiss

Post by CameronWeiss »

Hi, would you mind walking me through the steps for creating payment filters for my Student Loan? I am trying to set it up and I am confused. Thanks!
Last edited by CameronWeiss on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nana

Post by nana »

CameronWeiss wrote:Hi, would you mind walking me through the steps for creating payment filters? i am trying to set it up and I am confused. Thanks!
Hi, could you be a bit specific about what you want to do? I haven't set up /created filters for my system. I only added fields to my Loans transaction ; so i have fields like
LOAN ID,
LOAN NAME,
BANK ID
BANK NAME,

etc. IF you could clarify what you want to do with payment filters, i might have an answer / fix for you.

Best regards