Select user identification to do transaction on channels

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

christopher

Select user identification to do transaction on channels

Post by christopher »

hello,

It would be great when a member wants to do a transaction instead of the login and name fields make only one field that recognizes these and also custom fields that could be mobile phone / email, but the member will only type one.

One solution will be that you can select this from Settings -> Channels; add one setting "Transaction identifaction: And here you can select which fields would the input recognize in the Transaction identifaction".

Best regards,

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

Interesting suggestion. . It could cause some conflicts. We will investigate a bit.

ryanjyoder

Re: Select user identification to do transaction on channels

Post by ryanjyoder »

Yes, I agree. This feature is badly needed. Currently an administrator can configure cyclos so that users use primarily their username, email or phone number. Registration is configurable in this way, log-in also. The only place where username is required is when making a transfer.
For our set-up we could like to tie the use account very closely to the phone number. In fact, users should think of their phone number as their "username". Currently money transfer is our only obstacle to making this happen.
I've looked through the code and it looks like nl/strohalm/cyclos/dao/members/ElementDAOImpl.java is where i could make the change to searching with telephone number instead of username. But I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

thanks

I'm not sure what your policy with regards to reopening old post; I realize this post is over a year old.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Select user identification to do transaction on channels

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up. We will see if we can include it in the next version.