Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

brunorf

Adds management, payment and legal issue

Post by brunorf »

I am new to Cyclos.

For services is desirable to keep the Add after a payment

but for perishable / phisical products I am not understanding this:

If the sell is made the product should automatically be out the system, right?

I think there could be an option in the Add saying how much units of the product are available to sell. Payment and Adds are somewhat unconnected.

A button for buy maybe?Is this made because of legal issues?

In eurozone E-commerce sites are not allowed to have a internal electronic unit to trade.

This is almost like an e-commerce site with electronic currency... I don´t understand why the EC law forbids this.

skaunetobbe

Post by skaunetobbe »

In eurozone E-commerce sites are not allowed to have a internal electronic unit to trade.
A bit OT, but where did you find this?

brunorf

Post by brunorf »

I have talked o Olaf and a local barter. It is just a matter of interpretation. Because Cyclos is intended for closed membership associations and not for general public it can´t be considered an e-commerce platform.

Also there are no problems in conceding internal credits because it is considered not paralel currency but a quasi-currency. By the same reason - free association / closed network.

Any way, I would prefer designing a system with 100% insured credit using standard guarantees,

brunorf

Post by brunorf »

skaunetobbe wrote:
A bit OT, but where did you find this?
Derrogation of Article 3 nr 3 and (Anexe) of the Directive 2000/31/EC
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 001:EN:PDF

Imagine that you wanted to make a monetary system like C3 intended to a entire city or region (for the general public) - this can be a realistic solution for euro-zone regional development

I guess would need to create a ECI (electronic currency institution) plus a E-commerce platform, to perform with actual Law, two separeted firms.

ECB already accepts the fact that ECI´s work on short term credit operations - (CON/2008/84) chapter 1.6

This is only my personal investigation, I am not a lwayer and I may be wrong!

For small closed/private networks doesn´t apply for sure!

duric

Post by duric »

brunorf

Post by brunorf »

Your project is JUICY!

thank you for sharing.

duric

Post by duric »

If the sell is made the product should automatically be out the system, right?

I think there could be an option in the Add saying how much units of the product are available to sell. Payment and Adds are somewhat unconnected.

And your idea is excellent - talking about the advertisements, in my opinion number of available products is missing...