Transfers between accounts with different Currencies

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

szhitansky

Transfers between accounts with different Currencies

Post by szhitansky »

Someone knows - is there ability of transfers between accounts with different Currencies ?
By some combination of transfer rules or additional modules ? May be it's good request to next features ?
It can be realized as Market section with some elastic courses between currencies.

jaime

yes

Post by jaime »

yes you can! :)

szhitansky

Post by szhitansky »

Can you describe how exactly ?
Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cyclos does not support transactions between currencies. This would be quite complex, and is not planned for the moment.

jaime

hum...

Post by jaime »

just apply a fee to the transaction.
if you apply 100% (removing from the source unit and adding to the destination unit) you will mimetic it.

best regards,
ps: cyclos use double entry method, so its impossible (and undesirable) to have such feature without the above method, imho.

kevin

Re: Transfers between accounts with different Currencies

Post by kevin »

I'm trying to set this up, and am baffled - when I first looked, it was possible to make a generated fee pay into a different currency account but I can't make it do so any more.

Has something within Cyclos changed? Or am I just blind?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There where no changes concerning transaction fees.
Make sure you have the option "Allow any account" select in the transaction fee configruation.

kevin

Post by kevin »

I know I am missing something obvious, because I saw how to do this before.

I have two currencies, PR$ and PRLETS. Both of them have member and system accounts attached to them. I want a member to be able to transfer their own money from their PR$ account to their PRLETS account.

So I need to create two transaction types, one for the actual transaction, and one for the generated transaction fee.

Should these two transaction types be attached to the source account, or one to the source account and one to the target account?

When I add a transaction type, it wants a "from" and "to" account. The From account defaults to the account I am attaching this transaction type to. The To account dropdown only allows me to choose one of the other accounts within the same currency. Since no actual cash will be transferred to this account, it probably doesn't matter which I choose.

For the second transaction type, I go to the account I want to transfer funds to, and add a tr type there, using the same account type as From and To.

Now I go back to the first account and add a Transaction fee to the first transaction type I created. I check the box saying "allow any account" and set Will be charged to member paying and Will receive to member receiving.

But the "generated transaction type" dropdown does not let me choose the second transaction type I created above, so the fee is not going to go to the right place.

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for any help

jaime

Post by jaime »

Sorry,
only now i saw your question.

in your case it was supposed to work with "self-payment" option, but i never maked it work.
what you can do is:

transfer from unit1 to a system account lets say 100%
that should generate from a system account to the meber account in unit2, also at 100%

so, if i transfer 10 unit 1.
system account will have+10 unit1
system account will have-10 unit2
member account of unit2 will have+ 10 unit2.
in other words, from member pov, less 10unit1 in one account , plus 10unit2 on the another account = transfer from unit1 to unit2 :)

best regards,

ElleryQueen

Post by ElleryQueen »

Yep. That's possible. I am not sure whether there are any special formalities to transfer two different currencies through accounts, but I do believe that you can easily transfer the amounts. To know about the rules you have to check online. I have seen few of my friends doing the same.

Thanks
www.howtostopsnorings.com