Cyclos & Joomla: Installation and customisation (problem

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

matthew2

Cyclos & Joomla: Installation and customisation (problem

Post by matthew2 »

hi everyone.

the goal is to plug the cyclos modules into joomla and then theme everything with css and html. i am attempting to follow along with the documentation provided here:

http://project.cyclos.org/joomla/index. ... 6&Itemid=2

some background:
im' working in a local ubuntu environment with xampp installed to provide php and mysql for joomla. cyclos is running in stand-alone mode.

i have installed joomla. OK
i have installed the cyclos modules mod_cyclosad.zip and mod_cycloscategories.zip. OK
at this point i have a problem, hopefully it's an easy fix. the modules are installed, but when i go into the Extensions/Module Manager and attempt to edit the parameters such as "server url" "Advertisement user/password", "Webshop user/password" and so on... no configuration options exist! all i can see are the options for "Title, Position and menu assignment". how can i edit the configuration options when they don't appear to be listed? i must be overlooking something...
matthew2

no reply yet

Post by matthew2 »

i'm wondering if it's something simple i'm missing, or whether or not i need a full implementation of cyclos on a live server to get this to work. has anybod herey been able to put together the cyclos-joomla extentions in a local XAMPP environment with a stand-alone cyclos on a local server for testing purposes?
matthew2

fixed

Post by matthew2 »

hi everyone.

okay, i figued out what is wrong. apparently a few tags have been deprecated in the newest joomla, so you need o tmake a few minor modifications to the cyclos module XML files.

- replace the <install> tag with the <extentions> tag, and remember to chang ehte corresponding closing tags.
- change the <params> tags with <field> tags
- put <fields name="params"><fieldset name="basic"> before all of the <fields> tags begin, and put the corresponding closing tags at the end of teh xml file. the "fields" and "fieldset" tags have to be named otherwise it doesn't work.
- you may or may not need a <config> tag before the <fields> tags start, and corresponding closing <config/> tag at the end of the xml.

i hope this makes sense. :D
hugo

Post by hugo »

Ok, we will review it.
Thanks for reporting this.
matthew2

further problems

Post by matthew2 »

hugo: i can post the xml files here if you want?

so i'm at the point now where:
- i have cyclos running in stand-alone mode on "localhost:8080"
- i have installed the cyclos-joomla modules
- i have edited cyclos-joomla module parameters to point to cyclos "localhost:8080", etc.
- i have edited the cyclos admin webservices settings, created users and passwords and updated helper.php
- i have created a member and added some trades to act as test data

but i cannot get any data to flow from cyclos to joomla. joomla is still basically a blank canvas.

my current thinking is that either,
(a) it's something to do with joomla, or
(b) it's to do with the fact that joomla and cyclos are both installed on "localhost" and thats causing a conflict.

does anyone know if its even possible to set up cyclos and joomla in a local environment such as i'm doing? am i going to have to do a full install of cyclos and a full install of joomla in a proper web server environment? :?

comments and suggestions are welcome.
matthew2

errors...

Post by matthew2 »

still no luck. i'm getting a lot of errors, for example:

"Error retrieving advertisements webservice: SOAP-ERROR: Parsing WSDL: Couldn't load from 'localhost:8080/services/ads?wsdl' : failed to load external entity "localhost:8080/services/ads?wsdl"

it appears that php cannot reach the host. ive tried replacing "localhost" with "127.0.0.1" and editing the configs, but that doesn't work. it might be something to do with the xml, i'm not sure yet.
matthew2

fixed

Post by matthew2 »

silly problem, easy fix.

you need the "http://" in all of the cyclos-joomla mod parameter files when referring to the cyclos server. so instead of "127.0.0.1" it has to be "http://127.0.0.1". also, make sure SOAP is enabled by checking php.ini.

now it works. i am happy. 8)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We changed the tags and uploaded the new plugins.
The older version is still available.
http://project.cyclos.org/joomla/index. ... &Itemid=60
wwmcmillan

Re: Cyclos & Joomla: Installation and customisation (problem

Post by wwmcmillan »

Having similar problems with the joomla modules. When I try to add 'http://' to my ip address I get an invalid ip address error message. It will only accept '127.0.0.1'. I am working in a wamp development environment with Joomla running on Apache server and Cyclos running on Tomcat 6.

Also, it says in the instructions:
In order to have links to the search members and search advertisements in the main menu you will have to create an external links in Cyclos and assign them in the module configuration (the details section - menu assignment)
Can someone tell me where these 'external links' are created?