Remove Make Payment options

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

steve

Remove Make Payment options

Post by steve »

Hi there,

My group is making some progress toward setting up our complementary currency, but we are still undecided whether to use Cyclos, something else, or our own custom software. Personally, I'm reasonably in favour of Cyclos – particularly because the core functionality seems flexible and reliable.

We are struggling somewhat with the basic interface, which we are using for testing (and which we would rather use than developing something ourselves – since we have minimal programming expertise among us).

One thing we don't seem to be able to set up is to have the Invoice->Approval system as the only method of making a transaction. We don't seem to be able to remove the Make Payment option completely from the interface.

It seems I have to check "Trade Transfer" as a member payment option (otherwise no invoice can be raised). I can uncheck "Member payment option from menu", and the user then does not see a Make Payment option in his/her menu. However, the Make Payment icon remains in the Quick Access area. There does not seem to be much point in this – why would we want to remove the payment option from the menu but leave it as a quick access option?

Anyway, can anyone tell me what to do to lose Make Payment altogether? Am I missing something obvious (as usual)?

Thanks,

Steve
hugo

Post by hugo »

I Steven,

Unfortunately you are not missing something. What you want is not possible. Invoices and payments are linked together. That means, if somebody can accept an invoice that will generate a payment. That member will have automatically the permissions to perform such a payment (without an invoice).

I hope you find another solution/work around. I cannot think of one.
steve

Post by steve »

hugo wrote:I Steven,

Unfortunately you are not missing something. What you want is not possible. Invoices and payments are linked together. That means, if somebody can accept an invoice that will generate a payment. That member will have automatically the permissions to perform such a payment (without an invoice).

I hope you find another solution/work around. I cannot think of one.
Hi Hugo,

Of course, I understand that a member must have permission to make a 'payment' in order to accept an invoice.

But it does seem a little strange that I can remove the menu item "Make Payment" (while retaining permission to make a payment), but I cannot remove the Quick Access Make Payment icon.... It almost seems like an oversight.

Still, we can work around this somehow.

To explain a little... We drew up a draft structure for our currency prior to looking at any software. The draft requires that a seller makes a request for payment (equivalent to a Cyclos invoice) and the buyer approves the request (accepts the invoice). There is no other mechanism for payments to occur. This fits in quite nicely with the Cyclos invoice system.

In some early testing, we found there was some possibility of confusion, where the buyer would go ahead and make a payment while the seller would also raise an invoice – ie a double payment might occur.
delclaux

Post by delclaux »

We have the same problem because we dont want to use any kind of currency of payments, we dont even want to call it BANK OF TIME, since we dont really agree with bank philosophy (if you can call it that way) But i dont really have any idea of how to remove (or change) options for the members page (leaving aside the simplest options, like to change images, or mail options)
Do I need informatic language for this settings? If you can help me on this matter i will be very pleased.
Rodrigo