Transaction fee with a fixed amount OR a percentage?

Functionality discussions and feature requests

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

hugovanderzee

Transaction fee with a fixed amount OR a percentage?

Post by hugovanderzee »

Posted by Joseph Hogan

In Cyclos, I have noticed a lot of flexibility, and ways to se things
to the specific needs of a group. Different groups might charge fees
in different ways. A fixed fee should be available.

Even if it stays a % transaction fee, the ability to change the % according to amount of purchase

We have been think that a transaction fee is good. But, we would like
to be able to set a sliding % depending on the amount spend in a
transaction. For example:

1/2% up to $1000
2/5% $1001 to $5000
3/10% $5001 to $10000

This could apply to a fixed fee too.

These are not our actual fees, but an example of what we would like to
see. No, we have no company who can sell $1001 worth of stuff in one
sale. But, we want to be able to adapt the fees according to our
needs.
Hugo van der Zee
Cyclos development team

hugovanderzee

Post by hugovanderzee »

Groups
The groups in Cyclos are permission groups. Like the demo group where members of this group can can login but cannot see any private date and cannot do payments. At the moment i is not possible to create different groups with their specific settings.

Transaction tax
Yes a fixed transaction tax is a much demanded feature. We will examine carefully all options.
Hugo van der Zee
Cyclos development team

mohsin

Post by mohsin »

Hi Hugo,

In our requirements I was looking at not charging any transaction tax when the member account is in credit balance ie the account is in negative balance .

Is this something that you are looking at. My asking this is that since the way we want to use it is for the community to assist the members that are using credit facility and not charge transaction tax (exempt) when balance is below zero after transaction amount is calculated against balance (or charge only on the balance that is above zero after the transaction total). This we want to apply to both settings ie payer trasaction tax and receiver side transaction side.

If this is not a common request, can you let me know if you have any contacts (contract programmers/developers or anyone available even part time to assist in this) that I can approach to make the customisation without affecting the core system for me within the program as this looks like the only requirement we need done to start using the system for socio economic self sustenance at grass roots level.

Kindest regards
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia

rinke

transaction fee

Post by rinke »

mohsin wrote: In our requirements I was looking at not charging any transaction tax when the member account is in credit balance ie the account is in negative balance . [...]
If this is not a common request, can you let me know if you have any contacts (contract programmers/developers or anyone available even part time to assist in this) that I can approach to make the customisation without affecting the core system.
No, this is not a common request (but since we only started this forum this year, it might become a more common request in future).

Indeed it is not possible at the moment. And unfortunately, our scheme for the future features of cyclos is very full, so I am quite sure we will not be able to address this in the near future.

Maybe Hugo knows more about contacts; I myself do not know about them. But any developper being used to jave should be able to make such an adaption. Cyclos is built modular, and it should not be too difficult to make those changes. As long as you don't touch the core Objects defined in the software (the definition of "members", "accounts", etc), you need not be afraid of affecting the core system.

mohsin

Post by mohsin »

Hi Rinke,

Thanks for the reply - I have used alternative ways to overcome this for the moment - I prefer not to touch anything at present and we can still get the result we want for now.

Kind regards
Mohsin Jaffer
Services4u Pty Ltd
Melbourne - Australia