How to provide transfer text or what means "Display transactions as (overrides the one in currency)"?

Any issue about installation and configuration of the Cyclos 4 version

Moderators: rmvanarkel, hugo, alexandre

admin_de2

How to provide transfer text or what means "Display transactions as (overrides the one in currency)"?

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear cyclos team,

while searching for the ability to provide a transaction reason text for generated fee-transactions, i stumbles upon this (again):
"Display transactions as (overrides the one in currency)
  • This is a setting on currencies and again on transfer types.
  • Whatever value i enter here, it does not appear anywhere for users / admins.
  • What is this setting for, please?!? I'm really curious in between... Thank you!
Main issue of this post is how to determine the transfer reason text in generated fee transactions.
Background: Until now, the text is the same as of the main transaction. Since the fee recevier should not neccessarily know the text from the main transaction due to data protection, how can i change it for the transfer fee, please?

Additionally, is there a good location in the whole documentation of all placeholders / variables used for dynamic texts like this?

Many, many thanks again!

Cheers, Th.
admin_de2

Re: How to provide transfer text or what means "Display transactions as (overrides the one in currency)"?

Post by admin_de2 »

Anyone knowing anything about it?!?
  • Would love to know placeholders per text / description field again
  • What is "Display Transaction as..." in currencies settings and tranfertyp settings for?
  • any idea if / how to provide an individual transaction text on generated (fee) transaction types?
Thank you very much!!!

Cheers, Thomas
admin_de2

Re: How to provide transfer text or what means "Display transactions as (overrides the one in currency)"?

Post by admin_de2 »

Hi all,
found the placeholder docu here now:
https://wiki4.cyclos.org/index.php/Vari ... ifications
Hope helps anyone else.

Is not exactly what i was searching for, since it's mention for use in notifications only.
I was searching for placeholders in transactions texts.
rmvanarkel

Post by rmvanarkel »

<< any idea if / how to provide an individual transaction text on generated (fee) transaction types?
>> This is not possible to provide a description for fees.

<< What is "Display Transaction as..." in currencies settings and tranfertyp settings for?
>> This field will determine how a transaction is shown when it's linked. A linked entity is an example. But on more pages there can be a link to a specific transaction. An example value for this field would be Payment of {amount} from {from} to {to}. The value in the transfer type overwrites the value set in the currency. If nothing is set the transaction number will be used and if this is not available the id. The following variables can be used here:
{id}
{type}
{from}
{fromOwner}
{to}
{toOwner}
{date}
{amount}
{transactionNumber}
{channel}
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Many thanks, helps a lot!
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Roder,

the variables do not work in my case:
  • not as default description in generated transactions
  • not as default description in main transactions (does not work at all - if i leave the description empty while entering the transfer, the description stays empty in detail views and printed pdf
  • not the configured notification for main transfers - see attached
did i do something wrong? Or how to use the variables?

Thank you, Th.
Attachments
Cyclos2021-06-24 214618.jpg
Cyclos2021-06-24 214618.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 229 times
admin_de2

Post by admin_de2 »

Dear Roder,

please let us know if you set it on the wishlist or decline this request completely.

Would be better to have an automatically adapted transaction description.

Thank you, Thomas