Installation (Docker) not possible: "The e-Mail couldn't be sent"

Any issue about installation and configuration of the Cyclos 4 version

Moderators: rmvanarkel, hugo, alexandre

lukest

Installation (Docker) not possible: "The e-Mail couldn't be sent"

Post by lukest »

Sorry, if i do something funny. I am new here and am trying to find my way. :wink:
I have installed Cyclos 4 with the docker image like described in this page (https://hub.docker.com/r/cyclos/cyclos/). Everything is very comfortable and easy. I can call the page in a browser in the connected network. But after installing i try to register new users. That is not possible: "The e-mail couldn't be sent". The log gives me hints that port 25 is already used, so that the mail could not be sent to make the user get the link. I tried it on several computers, every time the same. What do i have to do to make it run? Can anybody help me?
el_mitcha

Re: Installation (Docker) not possible: "The e-Mail couldn't be sent"

Post by el_mitcha »

Salut ! Essaye d'autres choses en mode SMTP comme Gmail ou Yahoo qui est ce que j'utilise pour l'instant. Je l'ai testé en local et ça n'a pas marché, je suis sur Jelastik -- Infomaniak
lukest

Re: Installation (Docker) not possible: "The e-Mail couldn't be sent"

Post by lukest »

Thank you for your answer. I hope i got it right, since i have never learned to speak french.
Update: I found some configuration to override email-sending. So i can test and try things. But i still cannot send any emails. I tried (inthe configuration) to send emails via other smtp-servers, but that didnt help anyway.