Equivalent of application pages customisation in Cyclos 4?

Here you can put ideas for new functionalities and improvements.

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

simonjwoolf

Equivalent of application pages customisation in Cyclos 4?

Post by simonjwoolf » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:26 am

in Cyclos 3.7.3 we had the possibilty to heavily customise almost any page of the application, via the "application pages" admin area. We could select any of the system's jsps and customise the layout here.

It doesn't look like there is anything comparable in Cyclos 4, or am I missing something? I can see the static content management section, but this only allows very basic customisation of a few elements.
If for example we want to make fundamental layout changes to the whole site - that are not achievable by manipulating the CSS alone - what options do we have?
---
Simon Woolf
Cyclos Consultant

rmvanarkel

Re: Equivalent of application pages customisation in Cyclos

Post by rmvanarkel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:29 pm

In Cyclos 4 we are using GWT. And advantage is that all pages are loaded efficiently in the beginning, and afterwards the only traffic will be real data, no layout at all. A disadvantage is that the html cannot be edited anymore. So if you want to change the layout of Cyclos you have to do this using CSS. Can you give an example of what you would like to add to the html?

dupsykool

Re: Equivalent of application pages customisation in Cyclos

Post by dupsykool » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:47 am

Hello, I'm also interested in this discussion.

We are also looking at a total revamp look and feel of the platform and we want to get a template from https://themeforest.net we can use, is this possible?

if yes can you advise on how to go about this?

Regards