Is there a way to send money to all users at once?

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: rmvanarkel, hugo, alexandre

ASabia

Is there a way to send money to all users at once?

Post by ASabia »

Hi dear Cyclos community. I was looking for a way to make a massive transaction to all of our users (the whole user group) as we want to encourage a bit our currency by giving everybody a little amount so they can strat using it, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Going one by one could be difficult now and impossible in the future. Do we have a way to do this (that I have missed in the documentation and the instructions)?
Thanks in advance for your time.
alexandre

Re: Is there a way to send money to all users at once?

Post by alexandre »

Hi you
Can use an account fee. I can be used to charge users but also to pay.
Just configure a generated transfer type that pay from the system account to the users account.
Then in the users account you can configure an account fee using this transfer type. This account fee can be manual or schedule (if you want to pay it more then one time).
Later you need to enable this fee on the user product that will receive the payment.
If the fee is manual you can start it from the menu banking - System accounts - account fee.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
ASabia

Post by ASabia »

Thanks! It wasn't easy to find the transaction types inside the account types but at the end I was able to do it and it worked just fine.
I set it on manual. Next time I want to apply it I will probably modify the quantity.
I saw that the text on the description wasn't shown to the users, nor they got notified of the incoming money. Are fees different to transactions in this sense?
Also, I would love that a message is shown, the same as when a transaction is made. So I could explain them why they received them and also explain current things going on on the community, as messages are limited to 25 users (wich is much less than our current members). I will nonetheless investigate how to create our own server for the messaging part. Hope ther is somebody in our community that knows how to handle this.
Thanks again!
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

About the description we will improve it on the next version and it will use the field "value for empty description" on the generated transfers.
About the notification you can enable ti on the user product, so the user can be notified about all payment received. Also the user need to adjust it on their notifications preferences.

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
j3l

Post by j3l »

Hello,

I'm also trying to get "reverse account fee through generated transfer", aka "universal income" to work.
My settings were to fire the account fee at midnight:

But it didn't fire and the Banking > Account fee shows it is due to end of the month:

What am I missing?

Thank you
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

You set it to run 1 time per week. starting on 22/06
So it will be one week after the start date, so 30/06 at 00:00 it will be charged.
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.