How to use it for LETS? Offers but no Wants or pathway to contact users before paying

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Catada

How to use it for LETS? Offers but no Wants or pathway to contact users before paying

Post by Catada »

I wanted to use this for a new LETS - Local Exchange Trading System, but I don't think that it is suitable because you can't list wants, and you can buy without contacting the seller to check if they have the item in stock and arrange for delivery, it shows phone numbers if you tick the right box, but not email and you can't contact people through the app.

Is there a way around this?
I have read the documentation, it doesn't say that this is not offered
It says there is no help from Cyclos
and you can't request feature upgrades, they will be announced, I signed up to the newsletter but it seems to come out about once per year.

We just started with LETS when we found that the mobile version of communityexchange.org.au doesn't work on many systems, so we are looking for a better platform, but it looks like Cyclos is not useable.
ZiP

Re: How to use it for LETS? Offers but no Wants or pathway to contact users before paying

Post by ZiP »

There is a bug in communities, custom fields doesn't works, so you may create different categories in market: one for wants, another for offers with all subcategories.
Users can send messages thru the site and app and you can set visibility of mails, phones and addresses.
alexandre

Re: How to use it for LETS? Offers but no Wants or pathway to contact users before paying

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

There is no bug on communities, you just don't have permissions to correct configure these fields.
To get full permissions just ask for a community upgrade:
https://www.cyclos.org/cyclos4communities/upgrade

regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
Catada

Post by Catada »

Oh that sounds fantastic.
Only now I've made a really amateur mistake
I changed my admin name on my phone and now I can't log in as admin
I've tried the old name and the one before that, I get blocked for trying different combinations
The help pages says there is no help, just go to this forum
I tried setting up a new one but it didn't accept it because it had the same email address

Help!

Do I need to start again wiht a new email address?

I would consider this a software glitch since I am sure the psw is correct, I used the same one.
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

Can you try the forgot password option at the login form?
If it is disabled at your community send me the login url and the user email.

regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
Catada

Post by Catada »

Thanks, I don't see a change psw option so I guess it is disabled

deleting this post for privacy and because it is no longer relevant
Last edited by Catada on Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
Catada

Post by Catada »

OK so I'm on the paid version of Cyclos now.
I still don't see how to use it for LETS.
Can you please guide me to some instructions for configuring Cyclos so that we have a Want's page, and so that we contact the seller to check stock and delivery before buying the item, to start with.
I have had a pretty good look and can't see anything that would allow me to do this
Thanks Cate
Catada

Post by Catada »

Also would you please delete my login details from the forum, for security,
Catada

Post by Catada »

I didn't mean to delete me from the forum, I meant to delete the post above that has my various login details visible to everyone.

I would still like to try Cyclos, can you please tell me how to configure it for LETS

I have paid to upgrade as you suggested,
I have looked through every link and I see nothing about Wants or pathways to contact the seller before paying and so on.
Maybe you use different terminology?

Your advertising says it is designed for LETS. I expected it to just work.
Catada

Post by Catada »

Are you there?
Am I not asking the right questions?
We are having a meeting Friday night, (Eastern Australian time)
I'd like to be able to tell the team if we are going to be able to use Cyclos
alexandre

Post by alexandre »

Hi,

I don't have a document to say how you can use it for Let's.
Have a look at the forum posts, maybe you can find what you need, and also check this page https://www.cyclos.org/support

Regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.
Catada

Post by Catada »

I've already gone through the documentation,
- I can't find anything on how to configure it for a trading system with offers and wants
- It says they do not offer help and to go to the forum
Only thing I can think is that it is false advertising to say that it works for LETS in which case I may as well ask for my money back,
It is obviously beyond me and there is no help available.

Anybody out there who has used it for LETS?
Catada

Post by Catada »

Can you please at least tell me which section to look in, to get started, It looks like Zip has managed it with your help.
I tried to follow that thread but I can't make sense of it,
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.32.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.32.40 PM.png (100.75 KiB) Viewed 3415 times
See attached
ZiP

Post by ZiP »

I think free version of Cyclos is enough to LETS. Now option to select ask and offer works correct.