Approving new users before they start using the system

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

RebelBeaver

Approving new users before they start using the system

Post by RebelBeaver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:50 pm

I have registered a community to understand the system better before we use it for real. My tests have showed that users can register and start using Cyclos Communities as long as they have the URL.

I was wondering if there's a setting that would prevent users from spending / giving before they get approved? I can see a scenario where a real user creates a number of fake users (all you need is an email) and will transfer himself some money from the fake users. A workaround would be to set default account limits to zero. Then users can ask the admin to increase the limit for them, which would serve as "activation".

Any thoughts are very much appreciated!

Joan

Re: Approving new users before they start using the system

Post by Joan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:49 am

Hi RebelBeaver!

Cyclos Communities configuration allows the administrator prior approval before registering a new user.
It also accounts can be set initially to zero or to a certain positive or negative value.
For this is necessary to have more functions, making a donation to Cyclos organization of 25 € by this link : http://www.cyclos.org/communities/upgrade/

Best regards!

RebelBeaver

Post by RebelBeaver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:37 pm

Thanks Joan!

So the user pre-approval is only available in the upgraded Cyclos Communities version? I cannot recall I this feature in the Cyclos 4 Pro version, but perhaps I wasn't looking too hard.

Joan

Post by Joan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:52 am

I do'nt know Cyclos 4 Pro, but almost certainly it has the same and more functions.
A form of pre-approval is through email validation that can be validated by the administrator :
Configuration (Cyclos 4 Communities) => Configuration details => User data => Validate email => (several options) : Public register (by user), register by admin, register by broker...

I hope it's useful!

RebelBeaver

Post by RebelBeaver » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Sounds good. Thanks Joan!

I think I'm indeed missing the add-on. The validation options (shown on screenshot) I have right now only check if the user can receive an email. Administrator is not asked.
Attachments
cyclos-user-validation.png
cyclos-user-validation.png (24.04 KiB) Viewed 2369 times

Joan

Post by Joan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:43 pm

I think the same.
An Cyclos admin should confirm.
See you again!