Changing/altering currency Cyclos communities

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

SeanKelly

Changing/altering currency Cyclos communities

Post by SeanKelly » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have setup a Cyclos community for my LETS (Letsbuzz), and I have upgraded to network admin. Unfortunately, the precision of the currency is wrong, I'm not sure at what stage I set this. It's at the default two decimals, and we want no decimals (ie integers).

I would be able to alter it except, unfortunately, the person setting up member accounts entered a test transaction.

I have tried changing precision (not allowed because there has already been a transaction), and creating a new currency and renaming then deleting the old (not allowed because the old currency has been used)

Can anybody help me (I'm happy to delete the membership and accounts and start again if necessary).

Thanks,

Sean.
Last edited by SeanKelly on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

alexandre

Re: Changing/alering currency Cyclos communities

Post by alexandre » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi,

After make a transaction it's not possible to reduce the precision, remove the currency or the account. Even removing the user, it's not possible remove accounts.
You can create the new currency and start using that disabling the old payment types.

Or just register a new community and start again.

Regards
Alexandre
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

SeanKelly

Re: Changing/alering currency Cyclos communities

Post by SeanKelly » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Thank you Alexandre,

I've paid to upgrade to network admin and I didn't want to change the community name.

However, when trying to make another currency work I made other undoable changes so I have set up a new community called buzz.

Sean.