First steps

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Max

First steps

Post by Max » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 am

Hi there,

We recently set up a Cyclos Community and are working hard to understand how this software works. There are some (presumably very basic) features that we do not understand yet. The situation is this:

Some of the configurations mentioned in the documentation and discussed in this forum are not available, neither being logged in as an user nor in the admin accounts. For example, users cannot create new ads in the marketplace (but admins can when changing a users profile). Admins cannot define products or create groups and they cannot assign products or groups to a specific user. The online documentation refers to menu options which are not available to us. It seems to me as though this might be an issue related to rights or role management, but there is nothing we could possibly change in system or user configuration.

Is there any first step or setup config we are missing?

I really appreciate your help!

Cheers
Max

Stuart

Re: First steps

Post by Stuart » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Max

Most of the advertisement settings for your users will be found under the "product" permissions

See the attached

Hope this helps
Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 1.03.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 1.03.08 PM.png (111.59 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

rmvanarkel

Post by rmvanarkel » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:29 am

Max

Post by Max » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks! That link probably solved my question. But I am not sure yet if I really understood how this works:

Do we really need access to product configuration to enable users to post their own ads? Is it therefore fair to say that a Cyclos Community is virtually worthless until it is upgraded? I am certainly willing to make a donation and support this project, but where is the point in providing a free version of a CC software if it is not possible to offer services and goods? It is said to be an upgrade to get "more permissions", not the "most basic permissions". :/

Talentemark

Post by Talentemark » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 am

Hi Max

I had the same problem and share your view regarding this "basic permission".
Even after upgrading the problem still persisted.
You can view this topic for more information:
http://www.cyclos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2522.