Card features

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

rhornig

Card features

Post by rhornig » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:51 am

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Cyclos (installed on my local machine and playing around with it currently). I'm trying to chart a roadmap for our team to create a LETS community in Q4 this year (some 500 members so far). Cyclos 4.2 covers almost everything we may need except we need card swiping/POS functions (in a mobile app).

My understanding is that card module is targeted for cyclos 4.3 so it may worth to wait and see what it brings, but I would love to have some feedback whether the following will be feasible in 4.3 (otherwise I have to look into the APIs a bit deeper to figure out whether we can implement it ourselves)

- We have issued plastic cards to all community members that have a card number and a QR code (encoding the same card number) printed on it.
- We need a mobile POS application (Android/iOS or possibly just a plain webapp) that allows charging the member with or without entering a PIN (configurable) by just scanning the card's QR code.
- Optionally it would be great to have the QR scanning facility also for charging up the cards, but this is not a must as we can enter the card numbers manually too, during the charge up.

1. Will this be possible with the upcoming 4.3 version?
2. If yes, do you see any reason why this cannot be run on communities.cyclos.org? (if it needs some kind of configuration that is not possible onthe community hosting, then I have to start planning where we want to host our instance).

Thanks a lot for your insights, Rudolf

admin
Site Admin

Re: Card features

Post by admin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 am

Hi,

At this moment the POS module is still in the design phase. The card module depends on the budget we have and requirements of partners.
In about a month we will be able to give a precise specification of the card module.
The only say I can say for the moment is that the functionality your mention fits within the scope of preliminary planning for the POS module.

rhornig

Post by rhornig » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:46 am

Thanks, I will continue to play around with the current codebase.

nonobaya

Post by nonobaya » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi there,

there are any news about POS module and Cyclos 4.3!

best regards

hvcoffice

Post by hvcoffice » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering if you can give any more specifications about the card module or an estimated timeline for the roll out of POS in general?

Thanks.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi,

The Cyclos 4.3 version, including POS module, will be released within a month from now. Documention will be provided.

rhornig

Post by rhornig » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:43 am

Thanks a lot for your feedback. This is good news and pushed me to start the project. I have registered on cyclos communities (as network admin) and will start to roll out in test mode and we will see how to continue when the POS feature is there.

Just a question that would ease my decisions: is there any preliminary documentation/design how the POS/CARD feature is implemented?

I'm super excited about rolling out a "currency" for our community. I see tremendous potential here... Thanks a lot for your hard work.

hvcoffice

Post by hvcoffice » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Yes, thanks for the response. It's certainly exciting to hear that the POS module should be released shortly. We're looking forward to seeing the documentation and working with the module.

rhornig

Post by rhornig » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Any news on when the mobile pos app will be available for android?

Thanks Rudolf

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 am

Hi

From what I can see in the documents this card/POS module will make use of NFC extensively but I also see that 2D barcodes are mentioned in the token listings.

Does anyone know if the mobile app make use of internal readers for both NFC and Barcodes of the device it is installed on - I am hoping for Tap n Go type payments ?

Can anyone supply any information on the app spec at all - Thanx - I need to know before investing in external expensive third party readers (Bluetooth iPad)

Regards