"Handy muss eindeutig sein" but how?

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

ton.bil

"Handy muss eindeutig sein" but how?

Post by ton.bil » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi there, we are starting with Cyclos4 for our LETS (Tauschnetz) in Elzach, Germany. However, we are not able to insert a mobile phone number (or landline number), since the formats we've used so fare are rejected and the "error message" says: "Handy muss eindeutig sein". How should I go about to store a handy number like 0174 9124395? Notations such as 0049491749124395, 0174-9124395, 0174 9124395, 0174/9124395... they all don't work.

admin
Site Admin

Re: "Handy muss eindeutig sein" but how?

Post by admin » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi,

The problem is that there is a user with that phone number. The user is in the removed status. It should be possible to add a phone number even if there is a removed user with the same phone number. This is a bug and will be solved with the next update. We have removed the number from that profile and it should work now.

ton.bil

Post by ton.bil » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks for your work on my question. It worked. Please do consider using a unique "userID" in the database, that does not rely on name, e-mailaddress, telephone number or whatever which is not necessarily "unique" among users.

jordi.griera

Post by jordi.griera » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:19 am

admin wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:33 pm
Hi,

The problem is that there is a user with that phone number. The user is in the removed status. It should be possible to add a phone number even if there is a removed user with the same phone number. This is a bug and will be solved with the next update. We have removed the number from that profile and it should work now.
This reported bug, to be corrected years ago, still is giving trouble in 2019. Removed users retain their phone numbers and defeat the possibility of being reintroduced again. Worst of all: Most telephone providers recycle the numbers that have been cancelled by users, so a legitimate new user cannot be signed-up into Cyclos-4 if his number ever belonged to somebody on Cyclos and was removed. Only e-mail should be taken as an everlasting ID, mobile numbers are unique only at a certain moment in time, but they can change; e-mail is eternally unique, so one should be able to introduce any mobile number if confirmed by email.

Kindly correct this bug as soon as possible.
Thank you
Jordi

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:11 am

Hi,

What is your cyclos version.
I tested now with 4.12.1 and after remove the user I can reuse the same mobile phone.

regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.