SMS Channel Configuration Details

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

lse

SMS Channel Configuration Details

Post by lse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 am

Cyclos is a great system with such huge potential. Many thanks to the entire team for producing such a great system. We have a fully configured and working SMS mobile payment system based on Cyclos 3.7. The new features introduced in Cyclos 4 seem to have added the much needed additional functionality. We want to configure the SMS functionality in Cyclos 4 but this does not seem to be intuitive and we need further clarification on the following configuration parameters.

1. Access password*: How is this used when a user is initiating SMS payment? In Cyclos 3.7 for example format is Pay [Pin] [Mobile] [Amount]

2. Mobile number source*: What does this mean and what kind of information should one provide here?

3. SMS message source*: What does this mean and what kind of information should one provide here?

The rest of the parameters seem more intuitive but their application in an example would be great.
lse

lse

Re: SMS Channel Configuration Details

Post by lse » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:23 pm

I have seen the updated documentation and this and it is now very well explained, thanks.

However I have followed instructions and have not been able to get SMS functionality to work for any SMS transaction type.

This could be due to the way the number is stored but I could not access any error logs to check the issue. Any further clarification and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
lse

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:10 am

Hi,

We are working on a quick steps document for enabling SMS. It will be published soon with the existing documentation.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:07 am

HI,

Here you can find a quick steps guide: http://www.cyclos.org/wiki4/index.php/SMS_quick_steps

lse

Post by lse » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:25 pm

Great. Many thanks. I have been through these instructions already but I am unable to verify number.
lse

lse

Post by lse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Confirm number verification works just fine.
lse