"import users" feature missing

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

Reconomy

"import users" feature missing

Post by Reconomy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:09 pm

:!: :? I'm unable to access a net admin feature.

At this moment, I'm struggling with importing our 830 members using a csv file. The "Documentation" on our cyclos/timebank administration page http://reconomyglobaltimebank.net/conte ... port_users
points me to:

Import users
User management - Management - Import users

but no "Import users" function exists at that location or any other location visible to me. I see that this function is visible in the instruction videos, perhaps it isn't available on my system because I was assigned admin access before it was created?

Can you help me with this? Is the permission missing, somewhere else, a bug...?

Thank you,
Kevin
Reconomy

admin
Site Admin

Re: "import users" feature missing

Post by admin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 am

Hi Kevin,

Make sure the admininstrator has the correct permissions.
To give the permissions you have to login as a network administrator and go to: System management - Groups - (select admin group) - Permissions tab - User managment section - User registration - Import.
We will update the help file with an improved discription of the import function today.

Reconomy

Post by Reconomy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:27 am

admin wrote:Hi Kevin,

Make sure the admininstrator has the correct permissions.
To give the permissions you have to login as a network administrator and go to: System management - Groups - (select admin group) - Permissions tab - User managment section - User registration - Import.
We will update the help file with an improved discription of the import function today.

Thank you admin! That was exactly the solution. I'll share it with my own network. Our members have all pledged to pay-forward their service to help build the beautiful and sustainable future we all need, and helping scale Cyclos 4 from our global configuration to local communities is my preferred tool.

Cheers!
Kevin
http://ReconomyGlobalTimebank.net

rmvanarkel

Post by rmvanarkel » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 pm

We will update the help file soon to be more user friendly on this point. The new text will be:

Import users
User management - Management - Import users
With this function it is possible to import members (their profile information). Optionally also an initial credit can be deposited or withdrawn from the members account. The initial credit can be set by selecting an account type and selecting a payment type for positive balances and negative balances. If the amount specified in the csv file is positive, the payment type (transaction type) selected under "Payment type for positive balances" will be used to transfer money from the system account to the member account. When it is negative, the payment type (transaction type) selected under "Payment type for negative balances" will be used to transfer money from the member's account to the system account.

To import user first make sure that the admin has the permission to import users (Group details > Permissions > User management > User registration > Import). Then go to import users (User management > Import users) and upload the CSV file.

Example of a CSV file:

Code: Select all

name,username,email,password,creationdate,balance,creditlimit
Paul McCartney,Paul,Paul@McCartney.com,1234,25/08/2000,500,200
John Lennon,John,John@Lennon.com,1234,01/01/2001,1000.50
Be aware the list separator, the number format and the date format are set in the configuration. In this example the following configuration is used:
- List separator: comma (,)
- Number format: period as decimal separator (#,###.##)
- Date format: day/month/year

Here is a list of all columns that can added to the csv file:
- Basic: name,username,email,password,creationdate
- Account: balance,creditlimit,debitlimit (if the credit limit is the same for all users we recommend to defined it a later stage directly in the product)
- Address: addressName,addressLine1,addressLine2,neighborhood,poBox,zip,city
- Phone: mobilephonename,mobilephone,landlinename,landlinephone
- Profile field: use profile field internal name.