Wordpress plugin

Discussion space for community admins

Moderators: hugo, alexandre, rmvanarkel

janderson

Wordpress plugin

Post by janderson » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:46 am

Hello,
I am setting up the WordPress plugin an am receiving this error: "There was an error while accessing the database" I have read through the forums with the error text to try to resolve the issue but I can't find the answer.

I am following the instructions from the plugin. This is where the error occurs:

"Step 5 (create user and activate access client for wordpress plugin):
Create a admin for the wordpress plugin: Users > Management > Users > New > wp_admin_group.
Give the user the name wp_admin_user.
Make sure to give give the admin a strong password (enough characters and numbers) and save."

When I click save, I get the error. I have checked and double checked my setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

janderson

Re: Wordpress plugin

Post by janderson » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:38 am

I was able to figure out the error that I was making and finally have the activation code. Now it tells me unauthorized address.

I have tested the response from the plugin setup for the following:
1. Correct Cyclos URL / admin username / admin password / activation code - Result: UNAUTHORIZED_ADDRESS
2. Incorrect Cyclos URL / admin username / admin password / activation code - Result: UNKNOWN
3. Correct Cyclos URL / either incorrect admin username / and or / admin password / activation code - Result: Invalid username / password
4. Correct Cyclos URL / admin username / admin password / incorrect activation code - Result: The given activation code didn't match an access client pending activation
This tells me that there is communication to Cyclos but something is still not working.
All credentials in #1 are correct. I have adjusted the "URL to redirect after logout," many times to see if that is the problem. I will continue to try to resolve the issue.

alexandre

Post by alexandre » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:00 am

Hi,

Have a look at your webservices channel details if you have defined a whitelist.

regards
Alexandre Caurrinhos
Cyclos development team.

janderson

Post by janderson » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:01 am

Thank you kindly for the reply alexandre. I tried to check all instruction s carefully. I set something in the original configuration incorrectly so I started over with a new wpadmin user. I used wp__admin__user instead of wp_admin_user. This clean configuration worked immediately. I will eventually back test to learn what setting I erroneously set.